Lat. 43º 25' 48"
N - Long. 82º 32' 04" W
National Oceanic and
Harbormaster on duty 6:00 a.m. till 11:00 p.m.
Dock Ph.# (810) 622-8818
(Office Ph.# (810) 622-9610)
VHF Channel 16 & 9 monitored
Fuel - Gasoline & Diesel
Major Credit Cards Accepted
Electricity - 110V 30 & 220V 50A
Restrooms & Showers
Holding tank Pump-Out
Locally Available: (within 3 blocks)
Sanilac Harbor is sponsored
by the Michigan State Waterways Commission and located 30 miles
North of the St. Clair River at Port Huron. The entrance to the man-made harbor is marked with lights
on the ends of the breakwaters.
a public park, playground, grilles, picnic tables and Dog Run at this harbor.
This is a very well maintained harbor with excellent facilities.
This harbor is
also located in the Sanilac Shores Underwater Preserve with many
popular scuba diving sites nearby.
Originally known as Bark Shanty Point until the mid 1850's, Port
Sanilac has a museum housed in a restored Victorian home. One of
the original Bark Shanty postage stamps along with many other
interesting artifacts are on display. The museum grounds also
have a barn museum with artifacts of past area commerce, a dairy
museum, general store and a 19th century cabin.
the Sanilac County Historical Museum and Village at (810)
622-9946 for more information.
The Secretary of the Army approved
construction of this harbor on March 22, 1948 with local
cooperation being furnished by the Michigan State Waterways
at that time consisted of a harbor basin protected by two
breakwaters and was completed by 1951.
provided a good shelter for the smaller pleasure craft traveling the