William J. Churill
"Red Rock Point" Killarney, Ontario
45º 58' N - Long. 81º 29'
: 25 feet
Boat, East entrance to
Killarney Channel. Car, 40 miles North of Hwy. 69 taking Hwy. 637 to
This beautiful little "pepper shaker" lighthouse marks the East entrance to the Killarney
Channel in Northeastern Georgian Bay.
1866, 30 feet above the water on colorful reddish rock, the tower has a height of 25
feet. The light was first lit on July 27, 1867 creating a lens focal plane at 50 feet above
water level. The lighthouse is square and constructed of wood. The exterior is
painted white with red trim, a red
steel walkway and lantern room. Internally straight stairs lead up to the
lantern with a landing half way. The nearby radio tower makes this lighthouse
look more modern than it really is.