Photographs courtesy of: U.S. Coast Guard (PA3 Jacquelyn Zettles)

Molokai Lighthouse

Kalaupapa, HI

Built :  1909

Construction :  Octagonal, concrete

Status : Active

Location : North shore of the Kalaupapa peninsula on Molokai Island, HI

Access : Car

Lighthouse History : This lighthouse was first established in 1909 exhibiting a Second-Order Bivalve, Fresnel lens. In 1966 the lighthouse was automated and still remains as an active aid to navigation. The construction consists of a masonry foundation with an octagonal concrete tower. It's markings are white with a red lantern. 


 

Harbors | Lighthouses | Shipwrecks & Scuba Diving | Great Lakes Shipping | Services | Site Map | Links

Any Latitude,  Longitude Coordinates & Navigational Information given in this Web Site is for REFERENCE ONLY! 

Use only current Charts for Navigation, available from many Commercial Marina's.   Please see "terms and conditions"

Web Page Designed by Midwest Connection, l.l.c.

All photographs & images are property of  Midwest Connection,l.l.c. and/or Lakers Photography and/or it's Respective Photographer

URL: www.midwestconnection.com                  Email: webmaster@midwestconnection.com 

Copyright 1999-2005 Midwest Connection, L.L.C.  All rights reserved.